With every investment opportunity, we apply a disciplined financial screen to distinguish businesses with exceptional earning power and cash generating characteristics. Identifying companies that are capable of strong cash flow generation is a key indicator for determining whether or not a company will be able to execute sustainable growth while generating reasonable cash return on invested capital.
Our financial screening process focuses on the following metrics:
- Valuation: Investment capitalization ≤ 6.0x last twelve months' earnings before interest and taxes (EBITA)
- Return on Capital: EBITA ≥ 30% of total capital employed (interest-bearing debt plus net worth)
- Profitability: EBITA ≥ 15% of sales; Gross Margins ≥ 25% of sales
- Working Capital Efficiency: Receivables and inventory combined ≤ 30% sales
- Capital Intensity: Fixed Assets ≤ 30% of sales
- Cash Generation: Multi-year history of postive cash generation